Despite Ventura County residents’ best efforts, there are times where a majority of teeth in one part of the jaw have a hopeless prognosis and must be removed. When the upper or lower teeth are completely missing, a combination of dentures and dental implants can provide you with the stability and comfort that are essential for maintaining your health and your appearance. While conventional dentures alone may offer the appearance of a full smile, by adding a system of four dental implants we can significantly increase the permanence and strength of your smile.
This system, known as All-on-4 Implants, utilizes the functional and esthetic benefits of dental implants to permanently secure a complete denture in the upper or the lower jaw. The surgical component is typically being completed in one day, and the patient can leave the office with a full complement of temporary teeth. In as few as three months later the process of converting the temporaries to a permanent prosthesis is completed. This system is quite significant because it quickly resolves a number of the problems associated with missing teeth.
What Are the Consequences of Tooth Loss?
- Decreased volume and distorted shape in the jaw bone
- Discomfort or inability to tolerate conventional dentures
- Compromised or sunken appearance (cheeks, lips, jaws)
There Are Immediate and Long-Term Benefits for The All-On-4 Implants Procedure:
- Implants will replace the missing tooth roots.
- Implants can bring stability to the shape and density of the jawbone.
- Dentures will be firm and secure during speaking and eating.
- Implants will provide adequate positioning and support for both the dentures and the jaw.
- Implants will not shift or become loose as they age, thus eliminating the use of denture pastes or adhesives.
All-On-4 Dental Implants—More than Just Replacement Teeth
Above the gums, these custom dentures will give you the confidence of an attractive and full smile, but the adjoining dental implants serve a critical physiologic function. The implant posts will actively stimulate the jaw bone as you chew, greatly reducing the rate of bone loss and shrinkage that would normally occur with tooth loss.
With All-on-Four Dental Implants, you’ll walk away with more than just a basic set of replacement teeth; you’ll be walking away with a strong and secure smile that will work hard for you every day! Take the first step today by calling us at (805) 988-3320 or Schedule Your Personal Consultation with Ventura’s Best Implant Dentist Dr. Jivraj.